Draw me the ecliptic ...
Draw me the ecliptic ...
« Like a revenant, he appeared to me in the Sunset glow then told me :
- Please ... draw me the ecliptic ...
Delighted to meet him again after all these years hoping he was still alive, I did so. I traced a curve linking approximately the Moon crescent with the planets Venus and Jupiter which, that evening, had the good taste to populate the West.
- Your line is not right! he told me with a determined air.
- That's right. This is because the bodies of the Solar System are not precisely located on this imaginary plane but in relative proximity, on either side of the latter.
- Your line is well short, he added with a surprised air.
- You're right, my dear friend. I could prolong it up to the Sun then make it go round the sky until Jupiter, but I don't know the exact location of the day star at the present moment.
- The Sun is below the Earth, precisely where the light arises from, while the luminaries are plunged into the darkness of the sky, he replied to me with an obvious air.
Indeed, the ecliptic joins shade to light. It is perpendicular to the line between twilight sky and clear night. The Little Prince was right ! There is no use to make learned calculations. It is sufficient to observe, patiently, intelligently. »
Information relating to this photography:
- Photographic conditions : Fuji X-E2 + Fujinon Lens XF 35mm F1.4 R - F/4 - 1.3 seconds - ISO 800
- Processing tool of the photograph : Silkypix Developer Studio 7
- Optimization of the display : 180 px/in + MozJPEG
Keywords : Sunset, Puycelsi, Tarn, The Little Prince, Saint-Exupery, ecliptic, Moon, Venus, Jupiter, sky, Earth
The partnership established with the company Fine Art America, one of the world leaders in printing technology for works of art on various surfaces (walls, clothes, decorative objects, etc.), allows the Culture Diff' company to offer you a Museum Quality printing of this photograph.
Explore the different supports, formats and printing styles available by clicking here.
Important Note: The Culture Diff' company undertakes to ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data, carried out via the www.culturediff.org portal, comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (RGPD) established on 25 May 2018 and the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978. When transmitted to the Culture Diff' company, your personal data (first name, last name, postal and electronic addresses) therefore remain absolutely confidential. In addition, the Culture Diff' company has joined the PayPal payment system, so that your payments by credit card or PayPal account benefit from the highest security.